Tuesday, November 06, 2007

One Day at a Time

Noah's 2nd Day

I (Kristi) went to bed last night prepared to get little sleep. I assumed that as soon as Noah's pain meds had a chance to wear off he would be waking us up. I was pleasantly surprised to hear him stirring about 8 this morning. That's sleeping in for Noah and I was greeted with a smile.

After a pancake, he started his first round of meds for the day. He played normally and even did some coloring with his left hand and since he normally does this with his right I was surprised. He did not ask me to take off his bandages today - again surprised.

He took a longer nap than normal but after his long day yesterday I am not too surprised. His worst episode came tonight. We were instructed to keep his bandages out of the water so this means no bath time. I let him put his feet in the sink while I washed him down. After he realized that was all the water time he was getting he argued and argued that he should be able to get in the tub. Now, if you know my Noah you can't understand most of what he says but the crying, pointing, and yelling was all the interpretation I needed. He did not think it was fair that Madison got a shower and all he got was feet in the sink. I suppose he will come to accept this too.

He has done great taking his medicine. I am so blessed to have kids who don't fight taking meds. He opens his mouth as wide as he can and points to his mouth for so I know were to put them in. : ) It's pretty funny. I hope to have a picture of this for you later.

Thanks for praying as you can see they are working. He's doing great and we know that it is because so many of you care and pray for him. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

No comments: