Thursday, November 08, 2007

Getting Back to Normal

Noah is hanging in there!

Yesterday I returned to work and he returned to his normal routine of being with Grandmom. She reports that eating soup at lunch was pretty tricky for him. He wanted to use his bandaged hand as guide. I am sure you all can imagine.

Last night I discovered a couple other things he has adapted to promptly. Whenever I take the kids out I ask them to hold hands so that I can keep them together (especially in a parking lot). He discovered he can't hold Madison's hand with his bandage. He didn't complain; it was just a lesson for me. How many times in life do we get frustrated and feel sorry for ourselves? If anyone deserves to be frustrated I'd say Noah pulls rank but he is taking his surgery in stride. He has redefined tough for me. So, thank you Noah!

Good news... we are weaning him off his pain meds and he doesn't seem to be bothered by that at all. And last night I asked him to give me a high five and he hit me with his bandage so I thought that was a good sign. Thanks for checking in and I'll post more later.

No comments: