Friday, November 21, 2008

Machu Picchu





How Majestic is His Name in All the Earth

Majestic was about the only word that I can use to describe the view at Machu Picchu.


Our group had a tour guy, Miguel, explained to us how the Incas worshiped knowledge. They were developing modern technologies to shape the rocks, but also to predict the weather and much more. Unfortunately, the Incas forgot about the One who brought them into being so that they could learn. This place was magnificent way before the Incas began building a community on this mountain.


I was reminded that our God is so wonderfully creative. I was able to enjoy His creation very much that day. Now, I am very afraid of heights so being on top of a mountain was not the easiest thing I have ever done in my life. But, comfort zones are overrated, right? Machu Picchu is definitely worth being rated one of the new seven wonders of the world. It was a once in a lifetime experience and I am blessed to have seen it.


No comments: