Tuesday, September 04, 2007

WANTED: Coats for Kazakh Kids!

I need your help!


World Gospel Mission has launched a new campaign that my (Kristi's) department has really been challenged to get behind. The campaign is The Great Co-Mission Catalog. The catalog was designed for you to "shop" through several ministries who are in need of assistance. You choose a project that means something to you and begin fundraising for the project.



My team chose coats for kids in Kazakhstan. WGM is working with a children's center that are taking in abused children who are in need-not only emotionally and spiritually but also physically. This was a small way we could help kids across the world and by doing so we can show them a little bit of the love Jesus has for them.



My team is doing great, but we have not met our goal yet. Would you help us provide coats to children in Kazakhstan? Just click on the link below and securely give any amount through firstgiving.com. If you don't want to give on-line no problem; just send me a check and I'll take care of the rest!



http://www.firstgiving.com/kazakhkids



Thanks for your help and rest assured that there will be warmer kids in Kazakhstan this year!

P.S. Want to take on a project yourself? You can! Just surf http://www.co-missioncatalog.org/ to see what ministry opportunities await.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Kristi--
My kids are wanting to do something like this for Christmas. We've been collecting spare change all year, and I'll match the amount the kids 'save.' How long will this campaign last?
Amy Crossman
p.s. Joyce has my email address if you don't. :)

Paul & Kristi Crisp said...

There is not an ending date per say. We will supply as many coats as we can with our project goal and if at any time the field is completely supplied with coats then they will use the extra funds for other needs of the children such as school supplies and food. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I think your idea of getting your kids involved is a great one! Good luck and blessings!

Amy said...

I do have a few questions for you--is it OK to email you at work, since they're WGM-related questions?

Paul & Kristi Crisp said...

Absolutely!!! Shoot away.